Secretary III (Conveyancing – Transfers)
Job applications close on:
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Matric or equivalent qualification.
- Secretarial Diploma with excellent typing skills
- 6-10 years’ experience in conveyancing environment, specifically transfers
- Experience in commercial transactions and bonds would be an added advantage
Duties and responsibilities include but is not limited to:
The position will entail attending to the initial steps to be taken when receiving instructions up until the finalisation of files after matters have registered at the relevant deeds office. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Receiving instructions from developers, estate agents and clients to attend to transfers (including the opening of sectional title schemes, township establishment and preparation of various notarial deeds);
- Preparing various other conveyancing related documents accurately and independently;
- Liaising with clients, estate agents, city councils, SARS, managing agents, banks and linked attorney firms;
- Preparing documents for lodgement and ensuring all conditions are met and processes followed in order for matters to be registered successfully at the relevant deeds registry;
- Attending to all financial aspects of transactions, including pro-forma and final accounts, collecting costs/disbursements from clients and attending to general accounting queries;
- Keeping and maintaining of a proper diary system of all current matters;
- Ensuring that department fee targets are met;
- Weekly reporting to all parties on the current status of pending matters.
Careers at Adams & Adams
We are pioneers in the areas of legislative advancement and knowledge, which allows our Partners to provide exemplary legal representation with efficiency and mastery.