Secretary II (Conveyancing – Transfers)
Job applications close on:
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Matric or equivalent qualification.
- Secretarial Diploma with excellent typing skills
- Minimum of 3-4 years’ experience in conveyancing environment, specifically transfers
Duties and responsibilities include but is not limited to:
- Receiving instructions from clients to attend to transfers, acknowledging receipt of instructions, interpreting the instructions and preparing initial letter to clients;
- Preparing various conveyancing documents accurately and independently;
- Liaising with clients, city councils, SARS, managing agents, banks and linked attorney firms;
- Preparing documents for lodgement and ensuring all conditions are met and processes followed in order for matters to be registered successfully at the relevant deeds registry;
- Attending to all financial aspects of transactions, including pro-forma and final accounts, collecting costs/disbursements from clients and attending to general accounting queries;
- Keeping and maintaining of a proper diary system of all current matters;
- Weekly reporting to all parties on the current status of pending matters.
Careers at Adams & Adams
We are pioneers in the areas of legislative advancement and knowledge, which allows our Partners to provide exemplary legal representation with efficiency and mastery.