Anti-Counterfeiting and Anti-piracy attorneys
Anti-Counterfeiting and Anti-Piracy Attorneys
Adams & Adams has one of the largest Anti-Counterfeiting teams, consisting of attorneys, as well as other professional and support staff, dedicated to combatting the trade in counterfeit goods in Africa. In addition, Adams & Adams is the only firm with internal investigators based across several jurisdictions, dedicated to pro-actively investigate and assist its clients with effective and sustainable Anti-Counterfeiting measures.
Our team is well informed and equipped to deal with any client queries related to the prevention and detection of counterfeiting as well as the enforcement of legal action across Africa to clamp down on counterfeit goods.
Our Anti-counterfeiting team can assist with:
- Border enforcement including Customs recordal;
- In-market investigations, surveys and intelligence gathering;
- Search and seizure intelligence driven operations;
- Lodging complaints with border authorities and other law enforcement agencies;
- Managing civil and criminal litigation in respect of counterfeit goods;
- Assisting with Regulatory complains:
- Contravention of the labelling requirements (NRCS Complains);
- Substandard goods (SABS Complaints);
- Expired products (Port Health of Department of Health Complaints);
- Unregistered medicines (SAHPRA Complains); and
- Pharmacy Council Complains.
Contact one of our Anti-Counterfeiting Law Professionals
How can we help you?
We have offices in Pretoria, Johannesburg, Cape Town, and Durban, please contact your nearest office for any legal enquiry or assistance.
Trade Mark Related Articles
It has been just under a month since the Department of Agriculture, Land Reform and Rural Development released a directive warning…
The registration of trade marks under the Trade Marks Act, 1993 (Act 194 of 1993), can be vital to the success…
It goes without saying that it is extremely important to protect your brand and the trade marks signifying it. Registration of…