Anti-Counterfeiting and Anti-piracy attorneys
Anti-Counterfeiting and Anti-Piracy Attorneys
Adams & Adams has one of the largest Anti-Counterfeiting teams, consisting of attorneys, as well as other professional and support staff, dedicated to combatting the trade in counterfeit goods in Africa. In addition, Adams & Adams is the only firm with internal investigators based across several jurisdictions, dedicated to pro-actively investigate and assist its clients with effective and sustainable Anti-Counterfeiting measures.
Our team is well informed and equipped to deal with any client queries related to the prevention and detection of counterfeiting as well as the enforcement of legal action across Africa to clamp down on counterfeit goods.
Our Anti-counterfeiting team can assist with:
- Border enforcement including Customs recordal;
- In-market investigations, surveys and intelligence gathering;
- Search and seizure intelligence driven operations;
- Lodging complaints with border authorities and other law enforcement agencies;
- Managing civil and criminal litigation in respect of counterfeit goods;
- Assisting with Regulatory complaints:
- Contravention of the labelling requirements (NRCS Complaints);
- Substandard goods (SABS Complaints);
- Expired products (Port Health of Department of Health Complaints);
- Unregistered medicines (SAHPRA Complaints); and
- Pharmacy Council Complaints.
Contact one of our Anti-Counterfeiting Law Professionals
How can we help you?
We have offices in Pretoria, Johannesburg, Cape Town, and Durban, please contact your nearest office for any legal enquiry or assistance.
Trade Mark Related Articles
Adams Adams Africa · MIP podcast – The Trade Dress Code: Protection and Stopping Imitation
The much-anticipated 2023 Netball World Cup is headed to Cape Town, South Africa from 28 July to 6 August 2023 and…
Round 3 was decided with Clover winning the war (despite losing a battle along the way) after a favourable decision was…