Anti-Counterfeiting and Anti-piracy attorneys
Anti-Counterfeiting and Anti-Piracy Attorneys
Adams & Adams has one of the largest Anti-Counterfeiting teams, consisting of attorneys, as well as other professional and support staff, dedicated to combatting the trade in counterfeit goods in Africa. In addition, Adams & Adams is the only firm with internal investigators based across several jurisdictions, dedicated to pro-actively investigate and assist its clients with effective and sustainable Anti-Counterfeiting measures.
Our team is well informed and equipped to deal with any client queries related to the prevention and detection of counterfeiting as well as the enforcement of legal action across Africa to clamp down on counterfeit goods.
Our Anti-counterfeiting team can assist with:
- Border enforcement including Customs recordal;
- In-market investigations, surveys and intelligence gathering;
- Search and seizure intelligence driven operations;
- Lodging complaints with border authorities and other law enforcement agencies;
- Managing civil and criminal litigation in respect of counterfeit goods;
- Assisting with Regulatory complains:
- Contravention of the labelling requirements (NRCS Complains);
- Substandard goods (SABS Complaints);
- Expired products (Port Health of Department of Health Complaints);
- Unregistered medicines (SAHPRA Complains); and
- Pharmacy Council Complains.
Contact one of our Anti-Counterfeiting Law Professionals
How can we help you?
We have offices in Pretoria, Johannesburg, Cape Town, and Durban, please contact your nearest office for any legal enquiry or assistance.
Trade Mark Related Articles
In August 2017, the Minister of Health issued updated General Regulations (“the Regulations”) in terms of the Medicines and Related Substances…
In October 2021, Meta shared a video on YouTube entitled “The Metaverse and How We’ll Build It Together — Connect 2021”.…
Intellectual Property in Universities Intellectual property (IP) plays a critical role in research and education, both of which form the foundation…