Franchising In South Africa
Our franchise lawyers are able to assist with all legal aspects related to franchising agreements and commercial litigation pertaining to franchising.
In recent years, franchising (a very specialised and unique form of licensing) has become an increasingly popular way of doing business. One of the explanations for doing this is that franchising combines the strength of their corporations with those of small businesses. It is a relatively low-risk way for people to get into business themselves and offer people the freedom to earn, manage and to direct their own business, while having the support of an established business.
At the same time it also provides a means for companies to expand effectively without incurring the high overheads and management difficulties usually associated with the establishment of a branch network.
Frequently Asked Questions About Franchising
How Our Franchise Attorneys Can Help You
- Strategic structuring and set up of franchise systems
- Protection of intellectual property including:
- registration of trade marks/brands
- copyright advice
- patent and design advice
- know-how and trade secret advice
- Advice on the Consumer Protection Act (CPA)
- Preparation of business focused competent franchise agreements
- Review and updating of disclosure documents
- Auditing and updating of franchise agreements
- Auditing of franchise business systems
- Ongoing successful management of franchisees
- Dispute resolution services
- Licensing and commercialisation of intellectual property
- Distribution and agency agreements
- Company registrations and secretarial services
- Companies Act Compliance
Contact one of our Franchising Law Professionals
How can we help you?
We have offices in Pretoria, Johannesburg, Cape Town, and Durban, please contact your nearest office for any legal enquiry or assistance.
Trade Mark Related Articles
Artificial Intelligence and IP – Who owns the copyright
“you just can’t differentiate between a robot and the very best of humans.” ― Isaac Asimov, I, Robot If a user…
Moral of the Story
Authors of copyright protectable works retain certain rights despite not being the owners of such copyright By Daniëlle van Deventer The…
Flying under the radar: What are stealth trade mark applications?
Trade mark protection is crucial for any brand owner, but it can sometimes create practical difficulties from a business perspective. When…