BANKING AND FINANCE ATTORNEYS
Banking and finance is a crucial component of South Africa’s economy. The professionals at Adams & Adam keep themselves abreast of the latest developments in this area of the law, and provide a wide spectrum of legal services in this industry. These include:
- Advising on banking and financial markets law in general
- Advising on credit agreements and the National Credit Act
- Advising on the structuring and assisting with the drafting and/or review of financial arrangements, project finance and related transactions, including public private partnership arrangements (PPPs)
- Advising in relation to collective investment schemes, private equity and hedge funds
- Hedge fund structuring, listing and related documentation
- Advising on trading documentation including prime brokerage agreements and derivative documentation
- Advising on investment management agreements, sales and distribution arrangements
- Financing into and out of South Africa
- Preference share finance
- Public sector finance
- Retail and wholesale financial services, including the Securities Service Act and the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act
- Security structures (SPV’s)
- Simple and syndicated loans
- Structured finance
Contact one of our banking & finance law professionals
Danie’s clients range from entrepreneurs and technology start-ups to well-known multi-nationals. Clients often seek his advice regarding the establishment of an enterprise in South Africa, and he drafts and reviews agreements needed for their operations and to grow their businesses.
Irshaad has acted for a diverse range of clients, from trade unions to multinational corporations and has successfully argued matters in the Labour Court and other fora. Irshaad has been part of legal teams in precedent setting matters and has been instrumental in settling significant disputes.
Kineta is an Associate in the Corporate and Commercial Department in Johannesburg. She is an admitted Attorney of the High Court of South Africa and holds an LLB degree from the University of KwaZulu-Natal.
Nalo has gained broad experience in a number of fields but has focused mostly on administrative and regulatory law. Nalo returned to Adams from Sweden in June 2018 after completing a year-long master’s degree in European Economic Law from Stockholm University.