Adams & Adams offers a wide range of specialist practice areas organised under the Commercial, Property and Litigation (CPL) department. The department has been in existence for many decades and has shown significant growth over the past few years.
The team currently comprises of eleven partners, three senior associates, six associates, nine professional assistants, with a large number of candidate attorneys, paralegals and other support staff.
OUR LITIGATION ATTORNEYS ASSIST WITH HIGH COURT ACTIONS AND APPLICATIONS, IN RESPECT OF DISPUTES INVOLVING:
- Administrative law
- Banking law (including commercial disputes, negotiable instruments, foreclosures and repossessions)
- Building and construction disputes
- Competition law
- Constitutional law
- Construction and engineering law
- Contractual, corporate and commercial matters
- Enforcement and protection of contractual and delictual rights
- Family law and matrimonial disputes
- Insolvency, including liquidation of companies and close corporations, and sequestration of trusts and individual users
- Insurance law
- Labour law and employment
- Personal injury claims, including those arising out of motor vehicle accidents, medical negligence, assault, actions of animals, ultra vires actions of the state, and cases of vicarious liability
- Product liability, unfair business practices and consumer issues
- Professional negligence claims including those arising out of a failure to fulfil a mandate or to discharge a duty of care by legal professionals, doctors and hospitals
- Restraints of trade and unlawful competition
- Statutory and regulatory matters (advice on and resolution of disputes with regulators)
Andrew Molver is a litigation specialist and a member of the firm’s dispute resolution team. He has particular expertise in constitutional and administrative law (including, public procurement law), regulatory law and general commercial litigation.
Danie’s clients range from entrepreneurs and technology start-ups to well-known multi-nationals. Clients often seek his advice regarding the establishment of an enterprise in South Africa, and he drafts and reviews agreements needed for their operations and to grow their businesses.
Grégor leads a large team whose practice areas cover a wide range of commercial litigation and dispute resolution legal facets (including resolving or litigating on contractual and commercial disputes, delictual and enrichment claims, handling shareholder and director disputes, enforcement of director duties and director liabilities, enforcing and defending restraint of trade covenants and unfair competition – in respect of which Grégor has successfully launched and executed a number of Anton Pillar applications).
Jac is a litigation specialist and represents public and private (local and international) clients in high end litigation in the High Court, Appeal Court, and Constitutional Court and specialist tribunals.
Leander has 21 years’ post-qualification experience and his practice areas include commercial litigation and dispute resolution with special focus on specialised recoveries (most of his clients in this regard are banks), Construction Law (he advises developers and employers) and Insolvency and Company Law (here he acts for corporate entities and liquidators/receivers/trustees as well as creditors).
Thando is a partner and a commercial litigation specialist in the firm’s dispute resolution team. He obtained his LLB degree from WITS university in 2009 and has 6 years post qualification experience.