Andrew MolverPartner | Litigation Attorney
Areas of Specialisation
- Constitutional and administrative law
- Public procurement and regulatory law
- Contractual and commercial litigation
Andrew Molver is a litigation specialist with particular expertise in constitutional and administrative law, public procurement law, regulatory law and complex commercial litigation.
Andrew’s constitutional and administrative law experience extends across several focus areas, including public procurement, education, healthcare, environmental matters, energy, property, local government and general regulatory work.
A large part of Andrew’s practice involves the judicial review of government tender awards, in respect of which he has handled various high value matters for both private and public bodies within multiple industry sectors.
Andrew represents local and foreign clients from various industries on a broad range of commercial and contractual disputes before the High Courts and private arbitration bodies. His expertise in this regard extends to contractual and delictual damages actions, restraint of trade enforcement, unlawful competition claims, shareholder and director disputes, defamation matters and enrichment claims.
Andrew’s career highlight to date was representing former Public Protector, Thuli Madonsela, in a series of precedent setting matters against, amongst others, former President Jacob Zuma (including the Nkandla and State Capture matters), the SABC and various members of cabinet.
His work and efforts in the field of public law and justice earned him recognition in the prestigious Mail & Guardian Young 200 list in 2019.
- BCom (Law) (Cum Laude) – University of Pretoria | 2005
- LLB (Cum Laude) – University of Pretoria | 2007
- Certificate in Advanced Administrative Law | 2010
- LLM (First Class) – University of Cambridge | 2019
- Admitted Attorney | 2010
- The Legal Practice Council (LPC) – Member
- International Bar Association (IBA) – Member
- Administrative Justice Association (ADJASA) – Member
- ADJASA Public Procurement Special Interest Group – Member
- Pretoria Attorneys Association (PAA) – Member
- Chambers & Partners – Public Law 2019 | Up and Coming. The Chambers & Partners review states: “Sources endorse Andrew Molver of Adams & Adams as an “outstanding attorney,” with particular regard for his litigious work. He represented the Public Protector in opposing former president Jacob Zuma’s application to review and set aside the State of Capture report.”
- FirstRand Postgraduate Laurie Dippenaar Scholar