Blain de VilliersPartner | Trade Mark Attorney
Areas of Specialisation
- Trade Mark Filings, Searches and Prosecutions
- Trade Marks (Africa and International)
- Trade Mark Portfolio Management
Blain de Villiers is a partner in the Trade Marks Department, a top-tier ranked attorney and Trade Mark Practitioner.
He specialises in managing clients’ IP portfolios and advises some of the world’s top multi-national organisations on their trade mark needs, attending to the prosecution of trade marks locally (in Southern Africa) and abroad but, primarily, across the African continent.
Blain holds BA (Law)(UCT) and LLB (UP) degrees, is a Fellow of the SA Institute of Intellectual Property Law and a member of various international IP organisations, including INTA and AIPPI.
- LLB – University of Pretoria | 1995
- BA (Law) – University of Cape Town | 1992
- Admitted Attorney | 1998
- Qualified Trade Mark Practitioner | 1998
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI) – Member
- International Trade Mark Association (INTA) – Member
- Legal Practice Council (LPC) – Member
- Legal 500 – Recommended IP Practitioner | 2018
- WTR 1000 – Individuals: Enforcement and Litigation (Bronze) | 2021