Femke van DykSenior Associate| Trade Mark Attorney
Areas of Specialisation
- Trade Mark Searches, Filing, Prosecution, Recordals, Renewals & Maintenance
- Trade Mark Licensing and Commercialisation
- Procurement and Regulatory Law
Femke has experience in various aspects of intellectual property law and related fields, including trade mark litigation and prosecution matters, copyright, domain name disputes, anti-counterfeiting and labelling.
She specialises in trade mark prosecution matters, including conducting searches, filing applications, attending to recordals and the maintenance of trade marks in Africa and worldwide. Femke has knowledge on the drafting and negotiation of license- and commercial intellectual property agreements.
She has been involved with proceedings before the Registrar of Trade Marks, the Companies Tribunal, the High Court of South Africa and the Advertising Regulatory Board.
- LLB – University of Pretoria | 2010
- Trade Mark Practitioner | 2015
- Admitted Attorney | 2013
- Legal Practice Council (LPC) – Member
- Femke is involved with the National Small Business Chamber of South Africa and was a speaker at the 2019 The Business Show