Jani CronjéPartner | Trade Mark Attorney
Areas of Specialisation
- Trade Marks
- Unlawful Competition
- Domain Names
- Company Name Objections
- Advertising Disputes
Jani Cronjé is a partner in the firm’s Trade Mark Litigation department.
She specialises in trade mark oppositions and cancellations, trade mark infringement and passing-off disputes, domain name complaints, ASA complaints and copyright infringement matters. Jani also advises clients regarding regulatory compliance issues. She regularly authors articles and presents on various IP topics. She lectures in-house to candidates of the firm who wish to complete their practitioners with the South African Institute of Intellectual Property Law (SAIIPL) and also at the University of Pretoria, on trade mark law as part of their LLB. She has travelled abroad to represent the firm at conferences organised by INTA. She has been practising in the field of intellectual property law since 2007.
Some of her key clients include the National Academy of Recording Artists, Nedbank Limited, Telkom SA SOC Limited and BlackRock Inc.
She is a member of the Legal Practice Council and a fellow of SAIIPL.
Jani completed her BCom Law and LLB degrees at the University of Pretoria in 2006 (cum laude). At her graduation, she received the award for the best BCom Law and LLB student. She was admitted as an attorney in 2009 and also qualified as a trade mark practitioner in 2009.
- LLB – University of Pretoria | 2006
- BCom Law (with distinction) – University of Pretoria | 2004
- Admitted Attorney | 2009
- Trade Mark Practitioner | 2009
- Legal Practice Council (LPC) – Member
- Pretoria Attorneys Association (PAA) – Member
- South African Institute of Intellectual Property Law (SAIIPL) – Fellow
- Finance Monthly Law Awards – Shortlisted for Copyright Lawyer of the Year | 2018
- Lawyer Monthly Legal Awards – Entertainment Lawyer of the Year: South Africa | 2018