Jenny PienaarPartner | Trade Mark Attorney
Areas of Specialisation
- Advertising Law Services
Jenny is a partner in the Adams & Adams Trade mark Department. Her areas of practice include trade mark litigation, domain name registration and securing domains from unlawful proprietors, as well as litigation relating to copyright, passing-off, unlawful competition, company name objections and related issues. Her expertise also incorporates advertising law and regulatory compliance issues.
Her areas of practice include all aspects of trade mark litigation, including oppositions to the registration of trade marks in South Africa and throughout Africa. For her local South African clients, and for foreign clients, Jenny litigates to protect their trade marks globally and not only in South Africa. The firm’s network of agents in Africa are well placed to assist her and her clients in all aspects of trade mark and copyright enforcement throughout the continent. By virtue of the nature of her clients’ trade interests, she has expanded her area of practice to include all aspects of advertising and industry regulatory compliance. She has contributed towards numerous international publications, the most recent of which include the South African chapters of the World Trade Mark Review: Pharmaceutical Trademarks 2014/2015; the Global Advertising Lawyers Alliance’s book Advertising Law: A Global Legal Perspective (2015); and the Life Sciences Multi-Jurisdictional Guide (2014 and 2015, 2016 – 2018, Life Sciences Global Guide (2018 -2019; 2020 Updates), Global Advertising Lawyers Alliance’s book Social Media in Advertising: A Global Perspective (2018).
- Qualified Trade Mark Practitioner (SAIIPL) | 2004
- Admitted Attorney | 1994
- French South African Chamber of Commerce and Industry (FSACCI) – Member
- Global Advertising Lawyers Alliance (GALA) – President of the Europe Middle East and Africa Region and member of the GALA Executive Committee (2017 – 2018).
- International Trade Mark Association (INTA) – Members
- Legal Practice Council (LPC) – Member
- Licensing Executive Society (LES) – Member
- Pharmaceutical Trade Mark Group (PTMG) – Member
- Pretoria Attorneys Association (PAA) – Member
- Chambers Global – Trademarks: Band 4 | 2019 – 2020
- WTR 1000 – Individuals: Enforcement and Litigation (Silver)|2018 – 2020
- WTR 1000 Tier 1 Ranked: Trademark Litigation, Prosecution & Strategy | 2018, (Silver) 2019