Lucy SignorelliPartner | Trade Mark Attorney
Areas of Specialisation
Lucy Signorelli is a partner in the firm’s Trade Mark Prosecution department specialising in recordals across the world. She also has extensive experience in trade mark litigation, including copyright, trade mark, unlawful competition and passing off issues, and was one of the partners heading up the Anti-Counterfeiting team from 2010 to 2018. During this time, she had a focussed specialisation in trade mark litigation relating to anti-counterfeiting and brand enforcement and was responsible for evaluating and developing complex anti-counterfeiting strategies and innovative portfolio solutions for both multi-national and local clients across all industries. In March 2018, she transferred to the firm’s Trade Mark Prosecution department and now specialises in predominantly recordal and commercialisation aspects.
She is a qualified attorney and trade mark practitioner and holds BProc and LLB degrees, both cum laude, from the University of Pretoria.
She has been recognised as a leading practitioner in her field through peer-review listings with World Trade Mark Review (WTR 1000) and Managing IP’s IP Stars programme. She was named in the 6th edition of the Women in Business Law guide as one of the leading Trade mark practitioners in the world. Lucy is a co-author of The Practitioner’s Guide to Intellectual Property Law, published by LexisNexis, as well as the Africa chapter of the Intellectual Asset Management Yearbook 2015, published by IAM.
She is a member of the Legal Practice Council as well as a fellow of the South African Institute of Intellectual Property Law.
- LLB (Cum Laude) – University of Pretoria | 1996
- BProc (Cum Laude) – University of Pretoria | 1994
- Qualified Trade Mark Practitioner | 2001
- Admitted Attorney | 1999
- Legal Practice Council (LPC) – Member
- Pretoria Attorneys Association (PAA) – Member
- Expert Listing – Experts Guide I 2018
- Finance Monthly – Anti-counterfeiting Lawyer of the Year: South Africa | 2018
- Lawyer Monthly – Women in Law Awards: Trademarks | 2018, 2021
- Legal 500 – Recommended IP Practitioner | 2018
- Euromoney’s Women in Business Law Experts Guide – Top Trade Mark Practitioners in South Africa | 2017, 2019, 2021
- WTR 1000 – Individuals: Enforcement & Litigation | 2019 – 2021
- WTR 1000 – Individuals: Prosecution & Strategy | 2018 – 2021
- WTR 1000 – Tier 1 Ranked: Trademark Litigation, Anti-counterfeiting | 2018
- WTR 1000 – Tier 1 Ranked: Trademark Litigation, Anti-counterfeiting | 2011 – 2014