Mandy SwanepoelPartner | Trade Mark Attorney
Areas of Specialisation
- Trade Marks
- Close Corporation and Company Name Objections
- Domain Name Disputes
- Unlawful competition
Mandy Swanepoel (née Gordon) runs a litigation practice exclusively focused on IP law.
Mandy has extensive experience in trade mark, copyright and advertising litigation, having been in practice with Adams & Adams for over 15 years. Along with infringement, unlawful competition and passing off matters, she also handles domain name disputes and company name objections. She advises a broad range of top multi-national clients from a wide range of industries, including foodstuffs, cosmetics, luxury goods, vehicle manufacturers and telecommunication providers.
She focuses exclusively on litigation work, from cease and desist letter campaigns to formal court proceedings. She is dedicated to understanding her clients’ businesses and providing outcomes which are proportionate and apposite to their commercial requirements. Mandy handles settlement negotiations and assists clients in strategic approaches to resolving IP disputes. She supervises and prepares High Court papers, working closely at times with senior IP advocates in preparing for difficult arguments in court. Mandy has been involved in a number of influential Supreme Court of Appeal cases over the last few years.
- LLB – University of Stellenbosch | 2002
- BA (Law) – University of Stellenbosch | 2000
- Admitted Attorney | 2005
- Qualified Trade Mark Practitioner | 2006
- Legal Practice Council (LPC) – Member
- Pretoria Attorneys Association (PAA) – Member
- Finance Monthly – Copyright Lawyer of the Year: South Africa | 2018 – 2019