Nelia HickmanPartner | Trade Mark Attorney
Areas of Specialisation
- Trade Mark filings, searches and prosecutions
- Registration of copyright in cinematograph films
Nelia Hickman holds BA LLB-degrees from Stellenbosch University and an Honours through UNISA. After a spell in general law and trade mark litigation, Nelia has specialized in trade mark prosecution work for over two decades, including prosecution hearings on behalf of the firm, filings throughout the world, and portfolio management for major international companies. Advice and assistance to start-up businesses is of importance to her. Nelia is also responsible for the registration of copyright in cinematograph films.
Given her tremendous experience, Nelia has been involved in IP training and presentations to clients and postgraduate students.
- LLB – University of Stellenbosch | 1984
- BA (Hons) – UNISA | 1981
- BA – University of Stellenbosch | 1975
- Registered Trade mark Practitioner (SAIIPL) | 1990
- Admitted Attorney | 1987
- Legal Practice Council (LPC) – Member
- WTR 1000 – Individuals: Prosecution and Strategy | 2019, 2020 (Blue)