Nishi ChettyPartner | Trade Mark Attorney
Areas of Specialisation
- Searches, Filing & Prosecution
Nishi is a Partner in the Trade Mark Department. She practices at the Durban office and is one of the Managing Partners. Nishi served for seven years on the firm’s Management Committee as Branch Office Chairperson.
Nishi is a fellow of the South African Institute of Intellectual Property. Nishi qualified as a trade mark practitioner in South Africa in 2002 and was the first person of colour in South Africa to qualify as a trade mark practitioner.
- LLB – University of Natal | 1999
- BA – University of Natal| 1997
- Admitted Attorney | 2002
- Qualified Trade Mark Practitioner (SAIIPL) | 2002
- Business Women’s Association (BWA) – Member
- Legal Practice Council (LPC) – Member
- 1st person of colour in South Africa to qualify as a trade mark practitioner
- African Access National Business Awards – Top Performing Business Woman of the Year: Finalist| 2012
- Business Woman Association (BWA) Regional Business Achiever Awards – Professional Category: Finalist | 2012
- Oliver Empowerment Awards (Impumelelo) – Top Black Business Leader of the Year: Finalist | 2012
- Top Woman Awards – Top Woman Executive: Finalist | 2012