Nolwazi GcabaPartner | Trade Mark Attorney
Areas of Specialisation
- Trade Mark Renewals
Nolwazi has over twenty years’ post qualification experience in the field of trade mark law. She has in the past focused in trade marks and copyright litigation including passing-off and unlawful competition. She advised clients from divergent industries from fashion and luxury goods, hospitality, fast moving consumer goods, sports, and automotive, to name but a few.
Currently, Nolwazi heads up the firm’s trade mark renewals section.
Nolwazi has occupied leadership positions both in legal practice and in business. She held a Chairmanship position in an Intellectual Property law firm. For a period of eight years, Nolwazi was a non-executive director of Transnet SOC Limited, a logistics South African state owned company.
She served as a Council Member of the South African Institute of Intellectual Property Lawyers (SAIIPL). She also served in the Trade Marks subcommittee of the SAIIPL. She is a member of the Standing Advisory Committee on Intellectual Property Rights, a statutory committee advising the South African Minister of Trade and Industry on Intellectual Property matters. Nolwazi is also a member of INTA’s Parallel Imports committee.
- LLB – University of KwaZulu Natal | 1995
- B.Juris – University of Fort Hare | 1992
- Qualified Trade Mars Practitioner (SAIIPL) | 2002
- Admitted Attorney | 1998
- Legal Practice Council (LPC) – Member
- South African Institute of Intellectual Property Law (SAIIPL) – Former Council Member
- Standing Advisory Committee on Intellectual Property Law (SAC) – Member
- WTR 1000 – Individuals: Enforcement and Litigation | 2019 – 2020 (Bronze)
- WIPR – Leaders: Trade Marks | 2021