Thembani NkabindeAssociate | Attorney
Areas of Specialisation
- Trade Mark Prosecution
- Searches, filing & Prosecution
Thembani is an Associate in the Trade Mark Department in Pretoria. She holds an LLB from the University of the Witwatersrand and joined Adams & Adams in 2017.
She specialises in clearance investigations, filing and prosecution of trade mark cases and trade mark portfolio management throughout Africa and internationally.
Thembani also has broad experience in trade mark litigation, including passing off, copyright infringement, domain name disputes and company name objections
In 2017 she was awarded a scholarship to Luiss Business School in Italy, where she completed a Specialised Course in Intellectual Property Management and Valuation, administered in conjunction with UIBM and WIPO. During the course, she gained a vast knowledge in IP commercialisation, IP management, IP licensing, IP enabled business models, IP data analysis and IP valuation.
Thembani was admitted as an Attorney of the High Court of South Africa in 2019.
- Specialised Course in Intellectual Property Management and Valuation – Luiss Business School, Italy | 2017
- LLB – University of the Witwatersrand | 2013
- Admitted Attorney of the High Court of South Africa | 2019
- Legal Practice Council (LPC) – Member.
- South African Institute of Intellectual Property Law (SAIIPL) – Student Member