Wilhelm ProzeskyPartner | Patent Attorney
Areas of Specialisation
Filing and prosecuting local patent and design applications for foreign clients
Wilhelm Prozesky is a qualified patent attorney and a partner in the Patent Department of Adams & Adams. He was awarded Hons. BSc Genetics (2001) and LLB degrees (2005) from the University of Pretoria. After joining Adams & Adams in 2006, Wilhelm completed his articles at the firm in 2007 and was admitted as a patent attorney in 2008. He currently heads up the Patent Overseas Filing Section of Adams & Adams, with Janice Galvad.
Wilhelm specialises in the management of foreign clients’ patent and design portfolios in South Africa. The majority of Wilhelm’s clients comprise a wide range of overseas-based multi-national enterprises. Wilhelm was actively involved in setting up and implementing the electronic filing of patent applications and electronic file management within the Patent Overseas Filing Section.
He is a fellow of the South African Institute of Intellectual Property Law, currently serves on the Companies and Intellectual Property Commission – South African Institute of Intellectual Property Law Patent Liaison Committee and he is the Co-chair of the American Intellectual Property Law Association’s (AIPLA) Africa Committee.
- LLB – University of Pretoria | 2005
- BSc Hons (Genetics) – University of Pretoria | 2001
- Registered Patent Attorney | 2010
- Admitted Attorney | 2008
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA) – Member and Co-chair of the Africa Committee
- Legal Practice Council (LPC) – Member
- South African Institute of Intellectual Property Law (SAIIPL) – Fellow
- SAIIPL: Patent and Design Law Committee Member
- SAIIPL: IT Liaison Committee Member