Wynand FouriePartner | Patent Attorney
Areas of Specialisation
- All aspects of Industrial designs
- Patent and industrial design searches and opinions
- Drafting of patent specifications and prosecuting patent applications locally and abroad
Wynand Fourie is a partner in the firm’s patent department and holds an electronic engineering degree from the University of Pretoria together with a law degree. He is an admitted attorney of the High Court of South Africa, a registered patent attorney as well as a qualified trade mark practitioner. Wynand practices exclusively in the field of Intellectual Property law and deals primarily with local clients who need assistance and guidance regarding how to go about protecting their innovative ideas. He has experience in a wide range of industries including electronic and mechanical engineering, information technology including software-related inventions, finance, telecommunications and the mining sector. He also has experience in preparation and revision of intellectual property assignment and commercialisation agreements such as licence agreements.
Over the years Wynand has assisted a wide range of clients ranging from large corporations to creative individuals who came up with solutions for everyday problems. Wynand specialises in the drafting and prosecution of patent and registered design applications locally and abroad.
- LLB – University of South Africa | 2011
- BEng (Electronic Engineering) (First Class) | 2007
- Qualified Trademark Practitioner | 2017
- Registered Patent Attorney | 2012
- Licensing Executives Society (LES) South Africa – Member
- South African Institute of Intellectual Property Law (SAIIPL) – Fellow
- Southern African Research & Innovation Management Association (SARIMA) – Member