The Senate has adopted a draft law establishing the Congolese Industrial Property Office. With the...
Search IP Protection Available Per Country
Madagascar Related Articles
ARIPO AD HOC SUB-WORKING GROUP ON GEOGRAPHICAL INDICATIONS HOLDS SECOND MEETING
On 26 and 27 July, the second meeting of the ARIPO ad hoc sub-working group on geographical...
TM NOT EQUAL TO HEALTH AUTHORITY AUTHORISATION – DISCLAIMER AGAINST CLASS 5 PHARMACEUTICAL REGISTRATION TO THIS EFFECT NOW COMPULSORY
In order to curb misuse of pharmaceutical trade mark registrations, the Angolan trade marks office...
Madagascar is a member of the Paris Convention, the Madrid Protocol and the WTO/TRIPS.
Trade mark applications may be filed as national applications, in appropriate circumstances claiming convention priority in terms of the Paris Convention, or the country may be designated in international applications filed in terms of the Madrid Protocol.
Provision is made for the registration of trade marks for goods and for services, and for collective marks.
Madagascar is a member of the Paris Convention, the PCT and the WTO/TRIPS.
Patent protection is available via a national filing. Patent protection may also be obtained by way of a national phase application based on an international application under the PCT designating Madagascar.
Madagascar is a member of the Paris Convention and the WTO/TRIPS. Design protection is available by way of a national filing.
Madagascar is a member of the Berne Convention and the WTO/TRIPS.
The law provides for copyright in respect of all intellectual works, whatever their genre, form of expression or merit, including:
- books, brochures and other literary, artistic and scientific writings
- lectures, speeches, addresses, sermons
- dramatic and dramatico-musical works
- choreographic works, pantomimes
- musical works
- cinematographic and audiovisual works
- works of art, architecture, painting, drawing, sculpture, etc
- graphic and typographic works
- photographic works
- works of applied art or craft
- illustrations and geographical maps
- plans, sketches and plastic works relating to geography, topography, architecture
- software programs
- works of folklore
- translations, adaptations, arrangements of works
- databases or compilations of data.
Plant Breeders ' Rights
Currently, no legislative provision for plant breeders’ rights or other sui generis protection for plants is available in Madagascar.
View latest Advisory Insights Newsletter