The Director General of the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) confirmed the deposit...
Search IP Protection Available Per Country
Tunisia Related Articles
ACCESSION TO THE WIPO COPYRIGHT TREATY AND WIPO PERFORMANCES AND PHONOGRAMS TREATY On 16 March...
The “Tunisian Days of Copyright and Neighbouring Rights”, a promotion of the culture of copyright...
Tunisia is a member of the Paris Convention, the Madrid Agreement on Indications of Source, the Nice Agreement, the Lisbon Agreement, the Vienna Agreement, and the WTO/TRIPS.
Provision is made for the registration of trade marks for goods and services, for collective marks and for well-known marks. Applications may be filed as national applications, in appropriate circumstances claiming priority in terms of the Paris Convention.
Tunisia is a member of the Paris Convention, the Budapest Treaty, the PCT and the WTO/TRIPS.
Patent protection is available via a national filing, in appropriate circumstances with a claim to priority, or by way of a national phase application based on an international PCT application in which Tunisia is designated.
Tunisia is a member of the Paris Convention, the Hague Agreement, and the WTO/TRIPS.
Design protection is available by a national filing or by way of an international filing via the Hague Agreement on the International Registration of Industrial Designs, designating Tunisia.
Tunisia is a member of the Berne Convention and the WTO/TRIPS.
The Law provides for the following works to be eligible for copyright:
- written or printed works such as books, pamphlets and other writings
- works created for the theatre or for broadcasting (sound or visual), whether dramatic, dramatico-musical, choreographic or dumbshow
- musical compositions, with or without words
- photographic works, and works expressed by a process analogous to photography
- cinematographic works, and works expressed by a process producing visual effects analogous to cinematography
- works executed by painting, drawing, lithography, etching or woodcutting and other similar works
- sculpture of all kinds
- works of architecture, comprising also designs, models and the mode of construction
- tapestries and articles of artistic handwork, including also the drawings or models
- maps, and drawings and graphics and three-dimensional reproductions of a scientific or artistic nature
- works inspired by folklore
- computer software
- translations and arrangements or adaptations of the above works.
Copyright shall also apply to derivative marks.
Plant Breeders' Rights
Tunisia is a member of the UPOV Convention.
Plant breeders’ rights can be obtained in Tunisia in terms of legislation of the Tunisian Ministry of Agriculture.
View latest Advisory Insights Newsletter