Nthabisheng PhaswanaPartner | Attorney
Areas of Specialisation
Design and patent filing and prosecution and recordals
Nthabisheng is a partner in the Africa Patent Department. She holds LLB and LLM (Mercantile Law) from the University of Pretoria. She was admitted as an attorney in 2005.
Nthabisheng joined Adams & Adams in 2007 and has been responsible for patent and design enquiries, transactional matters in respect of patents and designs as well as filing and prosecution of patent and design applications throughout African countries outside of South Africa.
Nthabisheng has been actively involved in fostering relations between Adams and Adams and the Registrars of various African countries and as result she travels regularly throughout the continent. She also co-authored a book chapter on Intellectual Property, Innovation and Management in Emerging Economies and a book on Intellectual Property in Africa.
- Certificate in Corporate Governance – UNISA 2014
- LLM (Mercantile Law) – University of Pretoria | 2008
- LLB – University of Pretoria | 2002
- Admitted Attorney | 2005
- American Bar Association (ABA) – Member
- Legal Practice Council (LPC) – Member
- WIPR – Leaders: Patents | 2021